Student Employment within Dining Services
Dining Services hires Ohio State students who exhibit high levels of professionalism and are committed to providing an exceptional dining experience through authentic service and extraordinary food. In return, Dining Services provides students with a valuable work experience that creates leadership opportunities, time management development, and multi-tasking skills.
With great opportunities for advancement, working with Dining Services could go from a typical part-time job to a career launching pad after graduation. Students that work 5-12 hours a week, on average, benefit from improved academic success and are often better at time management and prioritizing tasks. Students also build transferable skills that may be beneficial to future careers.
The benefits of working with Dining Services:
- A work schedule that accommodates classes and activities
- Training and development
- Promotional opportunities with sizable pay increase
- A friendly, fast pace environment
- Work study options
Below are just SOME exciting student positions available with Dining Services:
- Student Assistant: Serves all customers and guests of the university. Uses basic commercial kitchen equipment and is responsible for basic assembly and preparation of hot and/or cold food items.
- Student Cook: Uses commercial kitchen equipment, utensils and skilled culinary techniques in the advanced assembly, cooking and/or preparation of hot and/or cold food items.
- Student Server: Interacts with customers and delivers prepared food, has knowledge of menu offerings, and remembers orders. May participates in event set-up and breakdown.
- Student Driver: Responsible for loading and unloading, transporting and delivering items with a university vehicle. Responsible to follow state of Ohio traffic laws policies and university procedures.
*Please note all student staff must maintain a course-load of full-time status for the duration of their employment. Per the Ohio State Student Employment Policy, student employees are restricted to working no more than 28 hours per week during academic terms and international students are restricted to working no more than 20 hours per week.